In February 2013 a group of 10 Dads and 14 children will travel to an orphanage in the Dominican Republic, Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos, which in English means "Our Little Brothers and Sisters".
The team wants to accomplish the following five objectives. Originally, we were going to outfit the Orphanage with solar panels/batteries so that the kitchen and medical clinic could have a steady stream of electricity. The Orphanage has notified us that they would instead prefer financial donations to cover operating costs as funding from other sources have been reduced this year.
1) Suitcase Care Packages: We will be bringing School and Medical Supplies requested by the orphanage.
2) Volleyball in a Box: Thanks to generosity of www.notsopro.com we will bringing volleyball nets/balls and will build a volleyball sand court and teach the children how to play.
3) Have Fun with the Kids: Teach the children English and arrange sporting activities (soccer, baseball, volleyball).
4) Bateyes BBQ: Prepare and hold a BBQ for approximatley 200 children in one of the Bateyes (remote villages in the sugar cane fields).
5) Ship Container of Goods: Thank to the generosity of CLT InternationaI, we will be shipping a container of personnel care products as well as goods we have collected from various donors.
You will be redirected to Friends of The Orphans Canada secure donation site.
# BN 118932730 RR 0001
Thank you to the following companies & individuals for their generous support: